First Vietnamese restaurants receive Michelin Stars
Four restaurants in Hanoi and HCMC have received Vietnam’s first-ever Michelin stars, the renowned French food guide has announced. The Anan Saigon is the first restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City was also granted a star at the ceremony.
Anan Saigon is a fine-dining restaurant that serves modern Vietnamese cuisine, located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City. The restaurant was founded by chef Peter Cuong Franklin, who is known for his creative use of local ingredients. Anan Saigon was awarded one Michelin star on June 6th, 2023 in the 2023 Michelin Guide, making it the first restaurant in Vietnam to receive the prestigious award.
The menu at Anan Saigon features a variety of modern Vietnamese dishes, such as tuna tartare with passionfruit, roasted duck with mozzarella and herb mini pizza, and bone-marrow Wagyu beef pho. The restaurant also has a wine list that features a selection of Vietnamese and international wines.
Anan Saigon is a popular spot for both locals and tourists. The restaurant has a warm and inviting atmosphere, and the service is excellent. If you are looking for a unique and delicious dining experience in Ho Chi Minh City, Anan Saigon is a great option.
Address: 89 Ton That Dam, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Open for dinner from 5PM to late, Tuesday to Sunday (close on Monday)
Here are some of the dishes that you can try at Anan Saigon:
- Bone-marrow Wagyu beef pho: This dish is made with a rich and flavorful beef broth that is topped with thin rice noodles, bone-marrow Wagyu beef, and a variety of herbs. The pho is served with a side of bean sprouts and lime wedges.
Other dishes that have helped the restaurant gain a reputation among international foodies are banh xeo taco, a dish consisting of a central Vietnamese region-style banh xeo (Vietnamese pancake) folded into the shape of a Mexican taco and filled with shrimp and pork, Hanoi-style grilled catfish or beef stew.
- $100 banh mi (Vietnamese sandwich) that is topped off with French foie gras, truffle, a traditional garnish of sliced cucumbers, cilantro and mint and served with a side of fried sweet potatoes and caviar.
Besides, there are three other restaurants in Vietnam were awarded Michelin stars as follow:
- Gia in Hanoi. Address: 61 Van Mieu Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi
- Hibana by Koki in Ha Noi. Address: Basement 1, Capella, 11 Le Phung Hieu Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.
- Tam Vi in Ha Noi. Address: 4N Yen The Street, Dong Da District, Hanoi.
The award of Michelin stars to these four restaurants is a major boost for Vietnam's culinary scene. It is a recognition of the country's growing culinary talent and its ability to offer world-class cuisine. The award is also likely to attract more tourists to Vietnam, who will be eager to experience the country's unique culinary offerings.
In addition to the four restaurants that received Michelin stars, a total of 99 restaurants in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City were featured in the Michelin Guide. These restaurants were awarded Bib Gourmand status, which recognizes restaurants that offer "good food at moderate prices." The Bib Gourmand list is a great way to find affordable and delicious restaurants in Vietnam.
Have Your Question