Hanoi and Hue Named Among Best Asia Pacific Cities by Travel+Leisure Magazine
Two Vietnamese cities have been named among the best in Asia Pacific by Travel+Leisure Magazine. Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, and Hue, a former imperial capital, were both honored in the "best cities" category at the 2023 Luxury Awards Asia Pacific. The nominees for the "best cities" category were selected by the Travel+Leisure team of editors and expert contributors from across the Asia Pacific. The winners were chosen based on voting by the public.
Hanoi is a bustling metropolis with a rich history and culture. The city is home to centuries-old temples and architectural landmarks, as well as lively markets and bustling streets. Hanoi is also a great place to sample Vietnamese cuisine, from traditional pho to street food favorites like banh mi and bun cha.
Hoan Kiem Lake - Hanoi
Hue is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was once the capital of Vietnam from 1802 to 1945. The city is home to the Imperial Citadel, a sprawling complex of palaces and temples, as well as the Perfume Pagoda, a sacred Buddhist temple complex. Hue is also a great place to explore the Vietnamese countryside, with its rice paddies, rivers, and mountains.
Huong River - Hue
The other cities that were named in the "best cities" category by Travel+Leisure Magazine are:
· Bangkok, Thailand
· Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
· Hong Kong
· Tokyo, Japan
· Luang Prabang, Laos
· Siem Reap, Cambodia
· Taipei, Taiwan
These awards are a testament to the beauty and diversity of Vietnam. If you're looking for a unique and unforgettable travel experience, be sure to add Hanoi and Hue to your list.
Here are some of the things you can do in Hanoi and Hue:
· Visit the Temple of Literature, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was once a university for Confucian scholars.
· Take a walk through Hoan Kiem Lake, a popular spot for locals and tourists alike.
· Explore the Old Quarter, a bustling maze of streets and alleyways where you can find everything from traditional handicrafts to street food.
· Take a cooking class and learn how to make traditional Vietnamese dishes.
· Visit the Perfume Pagoda, a sacred Buddhist temple complex located about an hour outside of Hanoi.
· Visit the Imperial Citadel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was once the home of the Vietnamese royal family.
· Take a boat trip on the Perfume River and visit the Thien Mu Pagoda, a Buddhist temple that is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Hue.
· Explore the Imperial City, a walled city that was once the heart of the Vietnamese empire.
· Visit the tombs of the Nguyen Dynasty emperors, which are located in the Perfume River Delta.
Hue Citadel - Hue
Have Your Question