How to get Vietnam visa on arrival for Spanish
When should Spanish apply for Vietnam visa on arrival?
Spanish are exempt from Vietnam visa for fifteen days. In case they can not meet the unilateral - visa exempted person requirement, they must apply for appropriate visas to enter Vietnam legally.
Vietnam visa exemption for Spanish
As described in Resolution No. 46 / NQ-CP dated 18/06/2015 of the Government, the visa exemption period is valid from 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016.
On June 30, 2016, the Government issued Resolution No. 56 / NQ-CP on the extension of unilateral visa exemption for Spanish which ends on June 30, 2017.
British National Oversea (BNO) passport holders are not eligible for visa exemption under this resolution.
On June 9, 2017, the Government issued Resolution No. 46 / NQ-CP, renewing 01 year from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018 visa exemption for citizens of Spanish if the person is qualified as listed below:
- Having a period of stay not exceeding 15 days;
- Having a valid passport issued by the competent authority of the country of which he/ she is a citizen and the passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- The time of entry must be at least 30 days before the visa exemption period.
If finding not meet the requirements, such passport holder can choose one of these methods to apply for Vietnam visa:
1/ Applying for visa at Vietnamese Embassy:
The applicant needs to contact with them in person for more detail. However the processing time will be longer and the procedure will be quite complicated compared to applying for Vietnam visa online.
2/ Applying for Vietnam visa on arrival:
To apply for Vietnam visa on arrival, each applicant must meet these requirements:
- Travelling to the country by air only;
- Holding at least 6 month valid passport (it may not reach 6 months, as long as the airline allows him/ her to join the flight) which includes as less as one blank page;
- Applying for it before arriving in Vietnam;
The applicant solely have to provide us his/ her individual information and visa request, we will hand them to Vietnam Immigration Department to get the approval. After being issued, the visa approval letter will be sent to his/ her mail box within two (tourist visa)- three (business visa) working days. Finally, the applicant can print the letter out to submit at the visa landing counter in Vietnamese airport and get the visa stamp at the same time.
Click here to view the visa fee.
3/ Applying for Vietnam electronic visa:
This visa allows the applicant to travel to Vietnam by any transport. To apply for electronic visa, please click here.