Should South Koreans apply for Vietnam visa on arrival?
When should South Koreans apply for Vietnam visa on arrival?
South Koreans are exempt from Vietnam visa for fifteen days. In case they can not meet the unilateral - visa exempted person requirement, they must apply for appropriate visas to enter the country legally.
Vietnam visa exemption for South Koreans
According to the Resolution No. 99 / NQ-CP dated 29/12/2014 by the Government. The visa exemption period is applied for Korea passport holder from 1 January 2015 to 31 December 2019 if the person is qualified as listed below:
- Having a period of stay not exceeding 15 days;
- Having a valid passport issued by the competent authority of the country of which he/ she is a citizen and the passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- The time of entry must be at least 30 days before the visa exemption period.
If finding not meet the requirements, such passport holder can choose one of these methods to apply for Vietnam visa:
1/ Applying for visa at Vietnamese Embassy:
The applicant needs to contact with them in person for more detail. However the processing time will be longer and the procedure will be quite complicated compared to applying for Vietnam visa online.
Here is the contact information of Embassy of the Republic of socialist Vietnam in South Korea:
- Address: 123 Bukchon-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea 03 052
- Tel: + 82-2-720.5124 / + 82-2-725.2487
- Fax: + 82-2-720.4684 / + 82-2- 739.2064
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2/ Applying for Vietnam visa on arrival:
To apply for Vietnam visa on arrival, each applicant must meet these requirements:
- Travelling to the country by air only;
- Holding at least 6 month valid passport (it may not reach 6 months, as long as the airline allows him/ her to join the flight) which includes as less as one blank page;
- Applying for it before arriving in Vietnam;
The applicant solely have to provide us his/ her individual information and visa request, we will hand them to Vietnam Immigration Department to get the approval. After being issued, the visa approval letter will be sent to his/ her mail box within two (tourist visa)- three (business visa) working days. Finally, the applicant can print the letter out to submit at the visa landing counter in Vietnamese airport and get the visa stamp at the same time.
Please click here to view the visa fee.
3/ Applying for Vietnam electronic visa:
This visa allows the applicant to travel to Vietnam by any transport. To apply for electronic visa, please click here.
Have Your Question