Six month and one year tourist Vietnam visa on arrival for US citizens
How to get Vietnam visa on arrival for US citizens
To apply for the Vietnam visa online, each applicant must meet these requirements:
- Travelling to the country by air only;
- Holding at least 6 month valid passport (it may not reach 6 months, as long as the airline allows him/ her to join the flight) which includes as less as one blank page;
- Applying for it before arriving in Vietnam;
To receive a full visa, each applicant needs to complete these steps:
Step 1: Filling accurate passport information and visa request into the online application form before arriving at Vietnamese International airport;
Step 2: Making the online payment succesfully;
Step 3: Receiving and checking for the visa approval letter sent via email;
Step 4: Picking up visa stamp at the arrival.
Please click here to check the visa fee for US citizens.
Notice of Vietnam visa on arrival
- Holder of Six month/ one year tourist Vietnam visa on arrival must leave the country each three month;
- Single entry visa is which can be used to enter/ exit the country only once in the period of visa validity.
- Multiple entry visa is which can be used to enter/ exit the country many times in the period of visa validity.
- The visa on arrival is applied for air travellers only;
- The applicant must apply for it before arriving at Vietnamese International airport;
- The approval letter is valid starting from the date in the application form;
- The holder of visa on arrival can enter larter than, exactly on but not earlier than the arrival date in the approval letter;
- Once the visa expires, the holder is obliged to extend or renew it if wishing to stay longer without leaving the country.
Tip: In case wishing to enter the country by cruise or by bus, the applicants can apply for electronic visa.
Have Your Question
Jordan NobleUnited States of America
One Year Visa Question, US Citizen.Apr 19, 2019Hello team!
I'm a US citizen who is looking into the one-year multi-entry tourist visa. Can you help clarify, will I have to leave Vietnam every 3 months/90 days and come back through a land border for the visa to remain valid for the full year? Thanks for your help!Vietnam Evisa SupportApr 21, 2019
Dear Jordan Noble,
Thanks for your questions!
We would like to inform that you must leave Viet nam every 3 months by air with 1 year tourist visa. In case you wish to visit Viet Nam for full year without leaving, it is suggested for you to apply for 1 year multiple BUSINESS visa
If any help, please contact us at email@example.com call us through hotline 0909 343 525
Helen Truong (Ms.)