New Vietnam decree for foreign tourists who want to bring motor vehicles into Vietnam
Motor vehicles brought into Vietnam by foreigner tourists must be approved by Vietnam international travel agencies which will deal with all of approval procedures. The time to normal travel of these motor vehicles brought by foreigner tourists are less than 30 days.
Vietnam president promulgated new decree No.152/2013/ND-CP on management of motor vehicles brought into Vietnam by foreigner tourists on November 4th 2013. This decree will take effect on December 25th 2013. It’s stated that all motor vehicles brought into Vietnam by foreigner tourists must be approved by Vietnam international travel agencies which will deal with all of approval procedures. Owing to the case of force majeure such as disaster, epidemic diseases, traffic accident, motors vehicles will be permitted to stay adding less than 10 days in Vietnam. However in such case must be approved by Ministry of communications and transport in text.
Motor vehicles brought in Vietnam by foreigner tourists
Both drivers and motor vehicles must meet some conditions in below:
1. Conditions for drivers
- Being foreigner tourists;
- Having passport or alternative other documents in more than 6 months valid from entry date; having visa complying with temporary residence in Vietnam law (except for visa exemption);
- Having driver’s license being compatible with motor vehicle types.
2. Conditions for motor vehicles
- Being car used to transport tourists with steering wheel on the left, having less than 9 seats; or being motorbike;
- Vehicle owners are foreign individuals or organizations and the registration number plates have finished in oversea;
- Having certification on valid about the safety of engineering for control or environment issued by authority officer in countries taking place the registration number plates.
Moreover the decree is stated that transporting of foreigner tourist must be led by local direct vehicles such as motors or cars. These direct vehicles must be arranged by Vietnam international travel agencies and must attach logo or flag of own agencies.
Vietnam international travel agencies must comply with immigration law for foreign drivers and motor vehicles. They must be in charge of settlement the extra fee if foreign divers break the traffic. They also set up the bringing motor vehicles in or out of Vietnam territory in safety. They are responsible for the safety or security during motor vehicles in Vietnam traffic.
Have a nice day !
By Vietnam-evisa.org team
Source from site of Vietnam Department of Justice.
Have Your Question
Jan van BekkumNetherlands
Drive own car in VietnamJul 16, 2019Good morning,
My wife and I are making an overland trip from Australia to Europe in our own car and we would like to visit Vietnam as well. It is a LHD car registered in the Netherlands. Is it possible to bring the car into the country. What documents are needed.
Thanks a lot in advance for your information.
Jan van BekkumVietnam Evisa SupportJul 17, 2019
Dear Jan van Bekkum
Thanks for your concern,
We have no ìnormation about your case
For any further details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +84.327.117.119
Stepfanno Tran (Mr.)
Have Your Say