Enter and out of Vietnam by flights
There are 5 main airline in Vietnam at present. They’re Vietnam Airline, Jetstar Pacific Airline, Air Mekong, VietJet Air and Vasco.
1. Vietnam Airline (state owned company): from December 2008, you can book online with this airlines.
2. Jetstar Pacific Airlines: this is a budget airline, i.e. the sooner you book, the cheaper air ticket you can get.
3. Air Mekong is an airline from Vietnam which operates scheduled passenger flights from its base at Phu Quoc Airport and secondary hubs at Noi Bai International Airport and Tan Son Nhat International Airport. Its headquarters are located in Phú Quốc, Kiên Giang Province. It was established in 2009 and flight operations were launched on 9 October 2010.
4. Vietjet Air: is a low-cost airline in Vietnam. It was the first privately owned airline to be established in Vietnam, being granted its initial approval to operate by the Vietnamese Minister of Finance in November 2007
5. Vasco: only flies on some routes in southern Vietnam.
There are 3 international airports in Vietnam. One is in Hanoi (Noi Bai intl airport), another’s in Da Nang( Da Nang intl airport) and the last one in Ho Chi Minh city (Tan Son Nhat intl airport). Airport tax US$14 has been included in your ticket according to the regulation, but you'd better confirm with your airlines.
There are 5 budget airlines that fly between Vietnam and Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and the Phillipine at present. They are AIR ASIA (Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City - BKK, Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City - LCCT in Kuala Lumpur), NOK AIR (Hanoi - BKK), TIGER AIRWAYS (Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City - Singapore), JETSTAR (Ho Chi Minh - Singapore), CEBU PACIFIC (Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City - Clark).
Below are some air routes in South East Asia that I know at present. Please note that the departure place is "Vietnam", but it's also means vice versa:
1. From VIETNAM to LAOS:
- Hanoi - Vientiane: Vietnam Airlines, Lao Airlines (code share)
- Hanoi - Luang Prabang: Vietnam Airlines, Lao Airlines
- Ho Chi Minh City - Vientiane: Vietnam Airlines
2. From VIETNAM to THAILAND:
- Hanoi - Bangkok: Vietnam Airlines, Thai Airways, Thai AirAsia, Nok Air, Air France, Lao Airlines (via Vientiane)
- Ho Chi Minh City - Bangkok: Vietnam Airlines, Thai Airways, Thai Air Asia, Air France, Lufthansa, Bangkok Airways
- Da Nang - Bangkok: PB Air
3. From VIETNAM to CAMBODIA:
- Hanoi - Phnom Penh (via Vientiane): Vietnam Airlines, Lao Airlines
- Hanoi - Siem Reap: Vietnam Airlines
- Ho Chi Minh City - Siem Reap: Vietnam Airlines
- Da Nang - Siem Reap: Silk Air (no opposite flight Siem Reap - Da Nang)
4. From VIETNAM to MYANMAR:
- Ho Chi Minh - Yangon: Vietnam Airlines has added a new route to Yangon, Myanmar, and is celebrating with a special price. The introductory fare from Ho Chi Minh City to Yangon is currently priced from VND 1,950,000 (USD $100) for a round-trip flight excluding taxes and fees. This fare is applicable for flights from now until December 25, 2010.
5. From VIETNAM to MALAYSIA:
- Hanoi - LCCT in KL: AirAsia
- Hanoi - KL int'l airport: Vietnam Airlines, Malaysia Airlines
6. From VIETNAM to SINGAPORE:
- Hanoi - Singapore: Vietnam Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Tiger Airways
- Ho Chi Minh City - Singapore: Vietnam Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Tiger Airways, JetStar
- Da Nang - Singapore: Tiger Airways
- Singapore - Da Nang: Silk Air (on the way to Siem Reap)
7. From VIETNAM to the PHILIPPINES:
- Hanoi - LCCT in KL - Clark: Air Asia
- Ho Chi Minh City - Manila: Philippine Airlines
8. From VIETNAM to INDONESIA:
- Hanoi - LCCT in KL - Denpasar: AirAsia
- Ho Chi Minh City - Singapore - Denpasar/Yogyakarta: Garuda Indonesia
9. From Vietnam to BRUNEI:
- Hanoi - LCCT in KL - BSB (capital): AirAsia
- Ho Chi Minh City - BSB (capital): Royal Brunei Airlines
Have a nice trip to Vietnam!
Visa team of vietnam-evisa.org