How To Use a Vietnam E-Visa to Enter Vietnam Through A Seaport
The E-Visa is eligible for most of all ports including airport, seaport and landport, that make easier and convenient for travelers who visit many countries by crossing seaport.
You are planning to have a Cruise tour through many countries and also visit Vietnam during your tour; you are going to Vietnam via Seaport, this post is for you.
Step by step to enter Vietnam by seaport
Immigration checkpoint at Ba Ria Vung Tau Seaport
You are curious about the procedure when entering Vietnam via seaport, and are afraid that you do not meet the requirements and are not allowed to pass through immigration checkpoint entering Vietnam. Kindly follow these step when you use the E-Visa to enter Vietnam via a seaport in Vietnam:
- Prepare your printed E-Visa or keep it on your smartphone, and your passport on hand before getting off the cruise ship.
- Present your E-Visa and passport to the Vietnamese immigration officer at the seaport. You can either show your E-Visa on your phone or print out a copy of your E-Visa.
- The Vietnamese immigration officer will check your passport and your E-Visa to make sure that they all match, and legit.
- They will give you an entry stamp on your passport.
- Take back your E-Visa and passport and check again, now you are free to proceed to Vietnam.
When leaving the country, travelers present their E-Visa, so that the Immigration officer at Vietnam's seaports can stamp the exit stamp and "Used" stamp on the printed E-visa.
Things you need to keep in mind
- For international cruise ships with journeys through many Vietnamese seaports, passengers complete entry procedures at the first seaport border gate; Carry out exit procedures at the final seaport border gate; and only carry out procedures of comparing the passenger list when boarding and disembarking the ship at other seaports during the journey.
- Make sure that your E-Visa is still valid before you travel to Vietnam.
- Make sure that you have all of the required documentation, such as your passport and your E-Visa.
Here is a list of seaports in Vietnam where you can use an E-Visa:
- Hon Gai Seaport (Ha Long, Quang Ninh province)
- Cam Pha Seaport (Quang Ninh province)
- Hai Phong Seaport (Hai Phong City)
- Nghi Son Seaport (Thanh Hoa province)
- Vung An Seaport (Ha Tinh province)
- Chan May Seaport (Hue City)
- Da Nang Seaport (Da Nang City)
- Nha Trang Seaport (Khanh Hoa province)
- Quy Nhon Seaport (Binh Dinh province)
- Dung Quat Seaport (Quang Ngai province)
- Vung Tau Seaport (Ba Ria Vung Tau province)
- Ho Chi Minh Seaport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Duong Dong Seaport (Kien Giang province)
Our Reputable E-Visa service
- Easy procedure
- Fast process
- Information security
- We support customers 24/7 and have a refund policy according to company regulations. We hope to bring you the smoothest trip with our dedicated E-Visa service. Visit our website https://www.vietnam-evisa.org/apply-visa.html to experience our best service.
Have Your Question
E-visaNov 11, 2023I am Singaporean travel by international cruise from Hong Kong to few city of Vietnam.
I understand that Singapore do not need a visa if travel to Vietnam by air stay less than 14 days.
Do I need VISA if I travel by cruise depart from Hong Kong to Vietnam?
Thanks and await for your reply.Vietnam Evisa SupportNov 11, 2023
Dear Carol Leong,
Thank you for your attention to our website.
We would like to inform you that Singapore passport holders are exempted from Vietnam Visa for the stay of maximum 30 days.
You can enjoy this Visa exemption policy at any ports to regardless of seaport or airport.
Heidi Phan (Ms.)