Taxi and bus fee from Vietnamese airports to cities/ towns 2013
After complete many complicated and lengthy procedures to enter Vietnam, visitors may be got confusion and tired with many of taxi brands have different prices at Vietnam International Airport. So, Vietnam-evisa.org list some of taxi and bus prices and other transportation for visitors. We hope this information is useful to help saving money.
Visitors get confused with taxi price
1. At HANOI capital: from Noi Bai airport to the Old Quarter (30km):
- By Noi Bai taxi, Tel. (+043) 8868888: VND 200,000 (US$10)
- By 15-seat mini bus of Vietnam Airlines: US$2 from the airport to Vietnam Airlines Head Office at No. 1 Quang Trung St, from there you can walk to the Old Quarter.
- By public bus: first visitor get bus No. 7 (color yellow & red), cost VND 10,000 (nearly US $0,5) from Noi Bai airport to Cau Giay, then change into bus No. 9 with fee is VND 3,000 (about US $0,25) from Cau Giay to Bo Ho (Hoan Kiem lake in Hanoi center). From there visitor can walk to the Old Quarter. The total costs for both bus trips would be VND 8,000 (or 50 US cents).
2. At HUE city: from Phu Bai airport to Hue city (13km)
- Taxi: US$8.
- Airport bus: US$2.
3. At HOI AN ancient town: from Da Nang airport to Hoi An town (30km)
- Taxi: about US$12.
4. At NHA TRANG –beach city: from Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang (about 30 - 40km)
- Because the Nha Trang airport was closed some years ago. Visitor will fly to/from Cam Ranh airport which is located about 30-40km south of Nha Trang.
- Taxi: VND 180,000 (US $9) for a 4-seat taxi, VND 200,000 (US$10) for a 7-seat taxi.
- Mai Linh taxi also offer fixed price fares to and from the airport, starting at 180,000dvn for a small, 4-seat taxi. For the adventurous traveller, take a short taxi ride to a Phuong Trang bus stop in Cam Ranh, then catch the Phuong Trang bus, 40,000 dvn to Nha Trang (about an hour). The bus stops and the buses are orange.
- Transfer from the Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang City (and return): A shuttle bus is operated in connection with every Vietnam Airlines flight. Expect VND 25.000 (nearly US$1.5) per person to reach the old airport of Nha Trang. From there visitor will be able to go on foot (800 metres) to the hotels by the sea. Taxis also wait on arrival of the shuttle bus. After having dropped passengers at the old air terminal, the bus carries on its way and goes to the major hotels in the town. The charge is VND 30.000 (about US$2) per person then. A service of taxi (at offficially fixed price) also exists between the Cam Ranh airport and Nha Trang city: cost is VND 150.000 (US$9) for a regular 4-seat taxi OR VND 180.000 (US$11) for a 7-seat taxi. It takes 45min for a taxi ride.
5. At Ho Chi Minh city: from Tan Son Nhat airport to the Backpacker area (Pham Ngu Lao St, District 1)
- Taxi: VND 70,000 (about US$5), it takes about 25 minutes.
- Public bus of green and white color: VND 3,000 (20 US cents) from the airport to Pham Ngu Lao or De Tham St., in District 1 where visitor can find cheap hotels, restaurants and travel agents.
- Be careful with the fake taxis in the large cities as they will overcharge visitor.
- Don't take the offer from taxi drivers or touts, who want to take you to their hotels.
- You can easily find a taxi/bus ticket counter in the arrival hall.
- You also can book in advance with your hotel for a pick up.
Have a nice day!
Visa team of Vietnam-evisa.org