Should Singaporeans apply for Vietnam visa on arrival?
When should Singaporeans apply for Vietnam visa on arrival?
Singaporeans are exempt from Vietnam visa for thirty days. In case they can not meet the unilateral - visa exempted person requirement, they must apply for appropriate visas to enter Vietnam legally.
Vietnam visa exemption for Singaporeans
Visa exemption on the basis of reciprocity, Singapore visa exemption for Vietnamese citizens from 10/11/2003, Vietnam visa exemption for Singaporean citizens from day 01/12/2003:
- Exemption of visa is granted to bearers of ordinary passports, with a stay of not more than 30 days, provided that the passport is valid for at least 6 months and that there is a return ticket or ticket to another country. Visa exemption is not applicable in the case of entry to earn income.
- For Singaporean who enters Vietnam as unilateral visa-exempted: the entry date must be at least 30 days from the previous exit as unilateral visa-exempted person. Otherwise that person is required to have approprate visa to enter Vietnam.
In accordance with Decision No 80/2013/QĐ-TTg of the Prime Minister dated December 27, 2013, holders of foreign passports are exempted from visa requirement for entry into, exit from Phu Quoc island, with duration of stay no longer than 30 days. In case if holders of foreign passports,before entering Phu Quoc, had transit through other international border gate of Vietnam, he/she also enjoy such exemption.
If finding themselves not meet the requirements, such passport holders can choose one of these methods to apply for Vietnam visa:
1/ Applying for visa at Vietnamese Embassy:
The applicant needs to contact with them in person for more detail. However the processing time will be longer and the procedure will be quite complicated compared to applying for Vietnam visa online.
2/ Applying for Vietnam visa on arrival:
To apply for Vietnam visa on arrival, each applicant must meet these requirements:
- Travelling to the country by air only;
- Holding at least 6 month valid passport (it may not reach 6 months, as long as the airline allows him/ her to join the flight) which includes as less as one blank page;
- Applying for it before arriving in Vietnam;
The applicant solely have to provide us his/ her individual information and visa request, we will hand them to Vietnam Immigration Department to get the approval. After being issued, the visa approval letter will be sent to his/ her mail box within two (tourist visa)- three (business visa) working days. Finally, the applicant can print the letter out to submit at the visa landing counter in Vietnamese airport and get the visa stamp at the same time.
Click here to view the visa fee.
3/ Applying for Vietnam electronic visa:
This visa allows the applicant to travel to Vietnam by any transport. To apply for electronic visa, please click here.