Up to one year Vietnam visa on arrival for Thailand passport holders
How to apply Vietnam visa on arrival for Thailand passport holders
30 day Vietnam visa exemption for Thailand citizens
(Agreement signed on 09/5/2000, effective from 09 July 2000):
- Exemption of visa is granted to bearers of ordinary passports with a stay duration not exceeding 30 days if having valid passport issued by the competent authority of the country of which he / she is a citizen and the passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- Persons holding British National Oversea (BNO) passports are not exempted from visa requirement, thus must have appropriate visas to enter Vietnam.
- For who enters Vietnam as unilateral visa-exempted: the entry date must be at least 30 days from the previous exit as unilateral visa-exempted person. Otherwise that person is required to have approprate visa to enter Vietnam.
Notice: In accordance with Decision No 80/2013/QĐ-TTg of the Prime Minister dated December 27, 2013, holders of foreign passports are exempted from visa requirement for entry into, exit from Phu Quoc island, with duration of stay no longer than 30 days. In case if holders of foreign passports,before entering Phu Quoc, had transit through other international border gate of Vietnam, he/she also enjoys such exemption.
If not meeting the above requirements, Thailand citizens must apply for Vietnam visa to enter the country. They can choose to apply for visa at Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok or to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival to avoid wasting time and effort.
How to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
The Process or visa on arrival consists of four steps:
Step 1: Fill accurate passport information and visa request into the online application form before arriving at Vietnamese International airport;
Step 2: Make the online payment succesfully;
Step 3: Receive and check for the visa approval letter sent via email;
Step 4: Pick up visa stamp at the arrival.
To apply for the Vietnam visa online, each applicant must meet these requirements:
- Travelling to the country by air only;
- Holding at least 6 month valid passport (it may not reach 6 months, as long as the airline allows him/ her to join the flight) which includes as less as one blank page;
- Applying for it before arriving in Vietnam;
Have Your Question