Regulation On Foreigners Entry Into, Exit From, And Residence In Phu Quoc Island
Regulation On Foreigners' Entry Into, Exit From, And Residence In Phu Quoc Island Kien Giang Province
Chapter I : ENTRY INTO, AND EXIT FROM PHU QUOC ISLAND
- Phu Quoc island (excluding areas exclusively planned for public security or defense purpose) shall be eligible for entry and exit preferences specified in Clause 1, Article 3 of the Prime Minister's Decision No, 53/2001/QD-TTG of April 19, 2001, on policies toward border-gate economic zones.
- Foreigners and Vietnamese holding foreign passports (hereinafter referred collectively to as foreigners) who enter, exit from, and reside in Phu Quoc island, for a stay period not exceeding 15 days shall be exempt from visas; foreigners who enter an international border-gate of Vietnam and stay in its transit lounge before traveling to Phu Quoc island shall also be exempt from visas.
Citizens of countries entitled to visa exemption shall observe current regulations.
1. Foreigners arriving at the island by the sea through Phu Quoc international border-gate shall carry out entry procedures with the entry and exit management body right at the border-gate; foreigners traveling to Phu Quoc island by air shall carry out entry procedures at Vietnam's international airports, then stay in transit lounges of these air ports before taking domestic fights to Phu Quoc island.
2. When carry out entry procedures, foreigners shall have to produce their passports which are still valid for at least 45 days.
- In cases where, after coming to Phu Quoc island, visitors wish to travel to other localities, the entry and exit management body shall consider and grant visas to them right in Phu Quoc island; if they wish to stay in Phu Quoc more than 15 days, the entry and exit management body shall consider and extend their sojourn period.
- Crew members holding valid foreign crew members' books or crew member's passport may enter, exit from, and reside in Phu Quoc island during the period when their ships anchor at Phu Quoc island.
- As from the effective date of this Regulation, the Ministry of Defense shall, after reaching agreement with the Ministry of Public Security and the People's Committee of Kien Gaing province, report to the Prime Minister on the demarcation of Phu Quoc island areas exclusively planned for public security or defense purposes, publicize these areas and put up specific direction and no-entry signboards for each area.
Chapter II : RESIDENCE IN PHU QUOC ISLAND
- Foreigners entering Vietnam through Phu Quoc international border-gate shall be granted right at the border-gate by the entry and exit management body certificates for a sojourn period corresponding to the visa-exemption period; foreigners who are lawfully sojourning in Vietnam, when arriving at Phu Quoc island, shall not have to carry out procedures for sojourn certification but report thereon according to current regulations.
- Once in Phu Quoc island, foreigners may freely reside and travel there in accordance with the registered entry purposes, except for no-entry areas and areas exclusively planned for public security or defense purpose; if they want to enter such areas, they must obtain permission of competent agencies according to the Provision of the Prime Minister's Decision No. 160/2004/QD-TTg of September 6, 2004, no-entry areas and locations.
- Foreigners who apply for the extension of their sojourn period, change in registered sojourn purposes, grant supplementation or amendment of visas, or grant of sojourn cards or residence cards, shall carry out procedures with the entry and exit management body of Phu Quoc Police in person or through other agencies, organizations or individuals.
Have Your Question