Getting Visa Exemption certificate at Vietnam Embassy
To help all Vietnamese residing abroad and foreigners understand more clearly the above policy and decision and to facilitate our compatriots’ application of visa exemption certificate, we post some information are below related the getting Vietnam visa exemption certificate. We hope that it will be useful for applicants.
I. Forms of Vietnam visa exemption certificate
The certificate of Vietnam visa exemption might take the following forms:
1. A stamped certificate: A visa exemption certificate is stamped on the passports of Vietnamese nationals living abroad and foreign nationals to allow the entrance into Vietnam.
A specimen of Visa exemption certificate
2. Detached Certificate: A visa exemption certificate issued to Vietnamese people living abroad under permanent residents’ permit granted by foreign authorities and holder of passports of foreign countries or territories with which Vietnam does not have diplomatic relations.
A visa exemption certificate issued for Vietnamese living abroad
II. Required documents for visa exemption certificate
1. For Vietnamese people are residing abroad, profile comprises:
a. 01 application form for visa exemption certificate.
b. 02 recent 4x6 cm photos with white background, straight face, bare head, no colored glasses (01 photo attached to the application form and 01 spare photo)
c. Foreign passports or equivalent documents with validity of at least 6 months upto date of entry. If the applicant does not have a passport, he/she must submit a permanent resident’s permit issued by foreign authorities with the validity of at least 6 months upto the date of entry (with attached copy for competent authority to file)
d. One of the following documents (attached copy for competent authority to file) if available:
- A certificate of Vietnamese citizenship;
- A copy or excerpt of the Decision for Recovery of Vietnamese citizenship;
- A copy or excerpt of the Decision for Renunciation of Vietnamese citizenship;
- Certificate of Lost of Vietnamese citizenship;
- A Vietnamese passport (valid or invalid)
- An Identity Card (valid or invalid)
- A Birth Certificate (Copy accepted)
- The latest voter’s card
- A Family Register Book
- A travel document issued before 1975
- An Identity Card issued before 1975
- An Excerpt from Birth Register issued before 1975
- Documents issued by competent foreign authorities if they can prove that the person in question has original Vietnamese citizenship or of Vietnamese origin.
e. In case of not having documents listed at section (d), the following documents could be submitted:
- A guarantee issued by an overseas Vietnamese association from the country of residence (in due form provided)
- A guarantee from a Vietnamese citizen (in due form provided). The said documents do not need require further certification or verification.
2. With holders of foreign passports being wives, husbands, and children of a Vietnamese citizen or Vietnamese residing abroad, the attached file comprises of:
a. 01 application form for a visa exemption certificate.
b. 02 recent 4 x 6 cm photos with white background, straight face, bare head, without colored glasses. (01 attached to the application form, 01 spare photo).
c. A foreign passport with validity of at least 6 months up to date of entry (a copy attached for competent authority to file)
d. One of documents proving relationship between wives/husbands/children and the Vietnamese residing abroad (a copy attached for competent authority to file)
- Certificate of Marriage
- Certificate of Birth
- A Certificate of relationship with father, mother, children;
- Other valid documents as regulated by the Vietnamese Law.
- Decision of Adoption
3. The re-issuance or from the second issuance of Certificate of Visa Exemption
- In case of applying for the re-issuance the Certificate of Visa Exemption ( because your visa exemption certificate is lost or expired or you are issued the new passport) at the initial issuing competent authorities, the applicant only needs to submit 01 application form with no certification of Vietnamese residing abroad required.
- In case of application for re-issuance of Certificate of Visa Exemption (due to visa exemption certificate lost or expired) not submitted to the initial issuing agency, the applicant is required to submit all the documents as per the procedures applied to first-time issuance of Certificate of Visa Exemption.
III. Procedure of the issuance of a visa exemption certificate
- Visa application forms, original passports/ permanent residence certificates and other documents proving Vietnamese citizenship and relationship to Vietnamese citizens or overseas Vietnamese can be sent directly or via post. (Original and certified copy)
IV. Duration of the issuance of a visa exemption certificate:
- Within 07 working days since the receipt of complete documents, your issuance of visa exemption certificate is completed.
V. Reference of processing fee:
Issued here with Decision (Circular) by The Ministry of Finance No. … Dated….
- First issuance of visa exemption certificate: 20 USD
- Second issuance of visa exemption certificate: 10 USD
Have a nice trip!
By Vietnam Visa Team
Source: from http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn, the official site of Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Have Your Question
Francis Raymond AndrewsUnited States of America
VECOct 02, 2018My wife has original Vietnam birth certificate, now US citizen more than 30 years. We were married more than 40 years ago. We have lived in HCMC for 4 years.
Can she get VEC?
If yes - Can I apply / qualify for VEC based on her? Many ThanksVietnam Evisa SupportOct 02, 2018
Dear Francis Raymond Andrews,
Could you please inform us full name of VEC?
We are looking forward to hearing form you
Have Your Say