Vietnam visa on arrival for Svalbard and jan Mayen Islands citizens
How get Vietnam visa on arrival for Svalbard and jan Mayen Islands citizens
Who is eligible for Vietnam visa on arrival?
According to Law No. 47/2014/QH13 on 16 June 2014 on entry, exit, transit, and residence status of foreigners in Vietnam:
Foreigners who enter and exit Vietnam must have their passport or passport substitutes (hereinafter referred to as passports) and visas issued by competent authorities of Vietnam, except in case of visa exemption. The passport substitutes must be introduced to and accepted by Vietnamese competent authorities through diplomatic channel. Since Svalbard and jan Mayen Islands is not included in the visa exemption list of Vietnam Immigration Department, citizens of the country are obliged to apply for appropiate visas.
The following foreigners are eligible for visa on arrival:
- Departing from a country where there is no competent Vietnamese visa-granting authority:
- Travelling through many countries before entering Vietnam;
- Visiting Vietnam on tours organized by an international travel agency operated in Vietnam;
- Foreign crewmembers on board vessels anchored in Vietnam’s seaport wishing to exit through other border checkpoint;
- Visiting Vietnam to attending a relative’s funeral or visit a seriously ill family member;
- Entering Vietnam to engage in emergency response, search/rescue activities, disaster or epidemic control or for other special purposes at the request of the competent authority in Vietnam.
Before entering Vietnam, applicants for visa on arrival must apply for a visa approval for picking up visa at the border checkpoint issued by the Immigration Department.
Foreigners eligible for visa on arrival shall submit their passports or international travel documents and fill in the visa application form with an attached photo at the Vietnam’s border control authority. Over-14-year-old children sharing passport with others must fill in a separate visa application form.
The visa on arrival shall be granted after the Vietnam’s border control authority completes checking applicant’s information and the visa approval.
To apply for the Vietnam visa with us, each applicant must meet these requirements:
- Travelling to the country by air only;
- Holding at least 6 month valid passport (it may not reach 6 months, as long as the airline allows him/ her to join the flight) which includes as less as one blank page;
- Applying for it before arriving in Vietnam;
There are four steps that each applicant needs to complete for obtaining a full visa:
- Step 1: Filling accurate passport information and visa request into the online application form before arriving at Vietnamese International airport;
- Step 2: Making the online payment succesfully;
- Step 3: Receiving and checking for the visa approval letter sent via email;
- Step 4: Picking up visa stamp at the arrival.