New decision on complement and amendment of visa exemption law
The new decision issued by Vietnam President on stipulation visa exemption for Vietnamese people that hold foreign passports and foreigners who are Vietnamese’s husbands, wives and children.
According to the decision No. 10/2012/QD-TTG issued by Vietnam President dated on February 02nd 2012 on complement and amendment of regulation on visa exemption of the decision No. 135/2007/QD-TTG dated on August, 17th 2007.
Eligible entities can get visa exemption enter to Vietnam:
- Vietnamese people who hold foreign passports and foreigners who are their husbands, wives and children are exempted from visa requirement to enter Vietnam and stay for less than 90 days.
- Foreigners of nations which signed bilateral visa exemption agreement and unilateral visa exemption with Vietnam
- Certificate of visa exemption specimen
How long eligible entities can stay in Vietnam with visa exemption certificate?
- Vietnamese people who hold foreign passports and foreigners are their husbands, wives and children can enter and stay temporarily in Vietnam not more than 90 days with visa exemption certificate. If they want to stay more than 90 days, and sponsored by Vietnamese organizations, individuals with good reasons, they will be extended to stay but not more than 90 days for once extension.
- Citizens of the Southeast Asian which signed visa exemption agreement with Vietnam. They are allowed to stay not more than 30 days, but Myanmar is allowed to stay not more than 15 days, Philippines is allowed to stay for not more than 21 days
- Citizens of Thai Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Japan, South Korea and Russia are exempted from visa requirement and allowed to stay for not more than 15 days
- Note: people who need stay in Vietnam longer, they should extend their visa and temporary procedures should process 5 days prior to the expiry day.
The dossier to extend temporary period includes:
- Passport of applicants propose temporary extend
- Declaration requirement for granting, complement, amendment visa must be certified by police at the committee or ward which applicants stay temporary.
The Immigration Department or Immigration Management Department in which applicants stay temporary are the places to receive extend temporary dossier with not more than 5 working days process since receiving valid dossier.
Have a nice day!
By Vietnam-evisa.org team
Source from: The Vietnam Immigration Deparment
Have Your Question
Kay ChowHong Kong
New Policy after 1st July 2015 (Holding British Passport)Jul 02, 2015
Is it a new policy that visa is not required after 1st July by holding British passport.
Looking forwarda to your reply.
thanksVietnam Evisa SupportJul 02, 2015
Thank you for contacting us!
“According to the new immigration rule, from July 1st 2015. UK, Italy, France, Gernan, Spain and Belarus passport holders can enjoy a unilateral visa exemption can visit Vietnam an unlimited number of times. However, they can only visit the country at least 30 days after their preceding visit. to have another visa exemption to have another visa exemption.”
VisaMay 18, 2015
Im a malaysian and i wish to visit vietnam for 5days traveling with my Malaysian passport.Do i need to apply for a Visa as well?thanksVietnam Evisa SupportMay 18, 2015
Dear Roslan Lenon,
Thanks for your email
According to new rule from The Immigration Department that People from countries that enjoy a unilateral visa exemption can visit Vietnam an unlimited number of times. However, they can only visit the country at least 30 days after their the preceding visit. Thus, if the distances from this time and las time is more than 30 days, Malaysian can stay in Vietnam 30 days without visa.
m nawazUnited Kingdom
Does uk passport holder need to apply for visa?Dec 03, 2014
does uk possport holde need to apply for visa or can be give on airport please let me know urgentlyVietnam Evisa SupportJan 20, 2014
Thanks for your mail
We are pleased to inform that UK passport holder have to get visa when entering Vietnam. Please apply online for visa on arrival here: http://www.vietnam-evisa.org/apply-visa.html and we will help you process in 2 working days.
Have Your Say