Things to know related to Visa Extension
Expats who want to prolong your stay without leaving the country and stay legally in Vietnam, need to apply for a visa extension. By this action, you will get an extension stamp on your passport indicating your new stay duration. During Covid Pandemic, there’re some change in the policy, so what are these changes? What are the things you should note related to visa extension during Covid-19 Pandemic? Please check the answer below.
First, who needs visa extension during Covid?
If you entered Vietnam with Visa Exemptions, E-Visas or Tourist Visas from March 1, 2020, you will be eligible for “automatic stay permit extension” until January 31, 2021, and are allowed to exit Vietnam at any time until January 31, 2021 without following any stay permit extension procedure. But if you intend to stay in Vietnam after January 31, 2021, please apply for a visa extension.
- If you entered with Visa Exemptions, E-Visas or Tourist Visas before March 1, 2020, you will be eligible for the same policy if you show either of the following documents when exiting Vietnam:
► A certification by your diplomatic mission in Vietnam through an official Diplomatic Note stating that you are stuck in Vietnam due to Covid 19 (attached with a translation in Vietnamese);
► Documents issued by the Vietnamese authorities certifying that you have undergone quarantine or treatment for COVID-19 or are stuck here due to reasons beyond your control.
If you don’t meet the conditions above, please apply for visa extension.
- Those in Vietnam under a Business Visa are required to extend visa before its expiry date.
Secondly, what are the special things you should note related to visa extension during Covid-19 Pandemic?
- Visa extension must be applied a few working days before its expired. Please note the Immigration Department doesn’t work on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays.
- The extension duration maximum 3 months. Previouly, you can apply for the 6 months or 1 year extension, at the moment, only 3 months visa extension available.
- The visa renewal is not available during Covid-19.
- The visa service fee is not stable, fee change constantly so please check case by case.
- Regulations change constantly so please follow our site for the updates.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 0909.343.525
Thank you and Stay safe
Have Your Question