How to get Vietnam visa on arrival for Timo- Leste citizens
Vietnam visa on arrival requirement for Timo- Leste citizens
According to Law No. 47/2014/QH13 on 16 June 2014 on entry, exit, transit, and residence status of foreigners in Vietnam:
Foreigners who enter and exit Vietnam must have their passport or passport substitutes (hereinafter referred to as passports) and visas issued by competent authorities of Vietnam, except in case of visa exemption. The passport substitutes must be introduced to and accepted by Vietnamese competent authorities through diplomatic channel.
Since, Timo- Leste is not included in the visa exemption list and there is no Vietnamese competent authority in the country currently, the citizens are allowed to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival of which process is totally online instead.
How to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
The applicant will be provided with visa approval letter from the inviter or sponsor who is organization or individual in Vietnam to submit to the arrival airport immigration cadres at Visa landing counter. Once the officers finish checking the validity of the letter, they will provide him/her with the visa stamp to enter the country.
To apply for the Vietnam visa online, each applicant must meet these requirements:
- Travelling to the country by air only;
- Holding at least 6 month valid passport (it may not reach 6 months, as long as the airline allows him/ her to join the flight) which includes as less as one blank page;
- Applying for it before arriving in Vietnam;
The Process or visa on arrival consists of four steps:
- Step 1: Fill accurate passport information and visa request into the online application form before arriving at Vietnamese International airport;
- Step 2: Make the online payment succesfully;
- Step 3: Receive and check for the visa approval letter sent via email;
- Step 4: Pick up visa stamp at the arrival.
Please click here to check Vietnam visa fee for Timor- Leste citizens.